Appropriate for midwives and midwifery students. 15.5 CEU's Available.
This essential and very in-depth course covers topics that are necessary for building a well-rounded skill set in your midwifery practice. The topics and tools covered in this module will give you a specialized, deeper understanding of the postpartum period for both mom and baby to serve as a strong platform for your career as homebirth midwife. This module also includes Cornerstone's very popular homeopathy for birth professionals workshop.
Attention Students and Midwives: Homeopathy Essentials for Birth Professionals 4/29/17 and Suturing for Midwives 5/7/17 are open to the general public as one day workshops. CEUS AVAILABLE. To register use contact form, and we will get back to you with registration instructions. Scroll down for more info.
Topics covered in module 4:
- Placenta ABC’s: Anatomy, physiology, placentophagy and preparation
- Self care of the midwife
- Processing trauma
- EFT: Emotional freedom technique for trauma resolution
- Immediate postpartum through the first 6 weeks
- Postpartum nutrition
- Postpartum healing
- Postpartum mood disorders: The spectrum
- Pelvic floor anatomy: The pelvis, pelvic floor muscles and external genitalia
- Lacerations: types, evaluation and postpartum care
- Preventing vaginal and perineal tears: prenatally and intrapartum
- Instruments and equipment for suturing and perineal repair
- Instrument care and setup technique
- Suturing technique and motions
- Hand knot tying and instrument knot tying
- First and second degree repair
- Considerations with third and fourth degree lacerations: care and repair
Homeopathy Essentials for the Childbearing Year: 4/29/17 , 10am-6pm
**CEU’s Available for this portion of class = 8 contact hours
- How to use homeopathics effectively ie: dosage, potency, frequency
- Matching remedies to symptoms and pictures
- Learning the remedies and their key notes
- Pregnancy issues: physical and emotional
- Remedies for labor, birth and the immediate postpartum: mom and baby
- Custom remedies for Mastitis, Cystitis, GBS, Migraines, Morning Sickness and more.
- Includes the handbook “Homeopathy Essentials for Pregnancy, Labor, Birth and Postpartum” and discount certificate for a 27 remedy homeopathic kit from a major homeopathy lab.
Suturing for Midwives: taught by Cynthia Banks CNM. 5/7/17, 9:30am-6pm
**CEU’s Available for this portion of class = 7.5 contact hours.